Dr. Deepak K Tibrewal MBBS, MF(HOM) LONDON.
Modern day Epidemics : Allergy, Asthma, ADHD & Autism
What it Allergy ?
Body reacts against foreign materials to protect itself, ironically sometimes
reactions are disproportionately high against seemingly harmless substances.
An example: to kill a hen with a canon.
Why the reaction?
- It is a failure of threat perception or simply an over reaction? Unfortunately
there is no clear answer to that
Common substances ?
- Pollen, house dust mite, organic dust particles from animals, hydrocarbons
from fossil fuels.
- Food materials like: Shell fish, Prawns Peanuts, milk (lactose, Caesin),
wheat (gluten),eggs etc.
Site of Allergic manifestation?
- Common expression of allergy tends to be on; Respiratory tract, Gastro
intestinal tract and on the skin.
- It is also called as "ATOPY".
- The child suffers from recurrent SNEEZING, COLD, COUGH, FEVER, EAR
- The allergy tends to alternate on skin as DRY HARD ITCHY SKIN or the
child may have upset abdomen manifesting as ACIDITY, CONSTIPATION, DIARRHOEA,
FLATULENCE, FAILURE TO GAIN WEIGHT etc.
How to treat Allergy?
- In severe cases we can take the help of Modern approach by taking anti-allergic
medicines like Avil, Alarid , Cetrizine or even steroids.
- However in long term and in recurrent cases we need to desensitize
using Homeopathy and nutritional approach.
- Allergy test by Home Challenge method.
Vaccines and Allergies ?
- Does Vaccine play a role? How much is too much?
- The very idea of vaccination is noble and logical. It has been an instrument
in eradicating Small pox, Polio etc.
- However do we need vaccines for smaller and less virulent organisms?
For example Chicken pox or Seasonal flu.
- Not to mention, a small percentage of children do develop Chicken pox
in spite of being vaccinated to prevent it.
- DPT: It is a good vaccine and must be given. However among the population
many kids develop minor side effects after being vaccinated. There seems
to be a tendency to catch a cold and cough rather frequently in such
- MMR: By now so many kids have fallen pray to it’s deadly side effect-
Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The medical community does not accept the ill effect of MMR. They site
how Dr. Andrew Wakefield was not able to demonstrate the evidence (Hypertrophic
hyperplasia in terminal Ileum ) and therefore there is nothing to worry
I have seen so many parents who have experienced sudden regression in
their kid after taking the MMR vaccine.
Do's and Don'ts about Vaccines
- Vaccinate only when the child is not having any illness like flu, fever,
loose motions, teeth pain etc.
- Use only vaccines without THIMERASOL as preservative.
- Give multivitamins 10 days before and 10 days after a jab.
- Avoid multiple - combined vaccines.
- If any reaction occurs after vaccination treat the symptoms with Homeopathic
- Encourage BREAST FEEDING, FLUID INTAKE, FRESH FRUITS & VEGETABLE INTAKE.
- Avoid exposure to sudden and intense weather fluctuations like Air-conditioned