PCOD / PCOS
Definition : When a women exhibits 2 of 3 criteria mentioned below, she can be considered as one who is suffering from PCOD.
- Very less or No Ovulation.
- Growth of hair on face / Male pattern baldness,
- Increase in sexual desire and or Multiple cysts in Ovaries.
Signs & Symptoms :
- Menses are Irregular, few, or completely absent.
- Primary Infertility: resulting from chronic lack of ovulation.
Other associated symptoms which may or may not be present.
- Apple shaped" obesity which is centered on the lower half of the torso.
- Obesity with fault in Insulin metabolism is present in many cases. Therefore these women are susceptible to develop Diabetes Mellitus.
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Prolonged periods of bloating,
- Mood swings, Pelvic pain, Backaches etc.
- Waking from sleep due to shortness of breath.
- Skin :
- Acanthosis Nigricans — Dark patches of skin, which is a sign of insulin resistance status.
- Skin tags: Tiny flaps of skin
- Gynecological Ultrasound confirming cysts in Ovaries.
- Laparoscopic examination.
- Abnormal levels of Testosterone level, TSH Level, Prolactin, 17-Hydroxyprogesterone, DHEAS and Androstenedione in blood.
There is no curative treatment in Allopathic system of medicine. The symptomatic treatment with Hormones gives at the most a false sense of normalcy.
Role of Homeopathy
- By giving a constitutional treatment, which improves fundamental tissue functions across various organs.
- By employing organ remedy, I stimulate specific organ and detox yet another which ultimately improves total Hormonal levels in body.
- By attending to ongoing mental and emotional stress as emotional stress is one of the major recognized factor which influences hormone levels unfavorably. I achieved this by recognizing them during case taking and point it out to them and treat it by counseling and use of appropriate Homeopathic remedies.
- I also work towards reducing weight and improving glucose metabolism. As faulty Glucose metabolism is common with PCOD; specially in overweight girls.
To achieve this I give them an insight on various foods and how to eat intelligently? A simple advice of walking 40 minutes 5 times a week as it increases BMR.
- In some cases I recommend uses of Allopathic medicine to lower absorption of glucose from intestine and Continuing Thyroxine supplement in associated cases of Hypothyroidism.
To know more about how homeopathy can help you call
or email for an appointment.